Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible, limites and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy.
- Coverage under a Patriot Exchange Program plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for eligible medical expenses which are medically necessary and usual, reasonable and customary.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a licensed physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in a Patriot Exchange Program plan.
- The member must be actively engaged or participating in an educational or cultural exchange program in the country of assignment through a sponsoring organization or school, or be the spouse or dependent of said student/participant.
- Spouse and dependents can apply for coverage by themselves if they hold a J2 visa, and the J1 visa holder who is participating in the educational or cultural exchange program has purchased a plan through that program.
- Coverage becomes effective when the member and his/her traveling dependents have legally departed the Home Country and legally entered the Host Country and are not citizens of the Host Country.
Renewal of Coverage
Eligible insureds whose initial coverage is 1 month can request coverage under the plan be renewed monthly for up to 12 month periods, for a maximum of 48 continuous months, as long as the premium is paid when due and the insured continues to meet the eligibility requirements of the plan.
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, within 5 days from the initial effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. If you do not have any claims filed with IMG, you may cancel your plan after the review period; however, the following conditions will apply:
- You will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee.
- Only full month premiums will be considered for refunds.
For example, if you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund. If you have filed claims, your premium is non-refundable.