Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
To be eligible to apply to the Student Health Advantage plan, you must:
- Be a full-time student or scholar, the spouse of the full-time student or scholar, or a dependent traveling with the full-time student or scholar
- Reside outside the country of residence for the purpose of pursing international educational activities including college course work, research, or teaching for a temporary period of time.
- Be physically and legally residing in host country with the intent to reside there for at least 30 days on the effective date and at renewal.
- Not be hospitalized, disabled, or HIV+ on the initial effective date.
Renewal of Coverage
Eligible insureds whose initial coverage is at least 3 months can request coverage under the plan be renewed monthly for up to 12 month periods, for a maximum of 60 continuous months, as long as the premium is paid when due and the insured continues to meet the eligibility requirements of the plan.
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, within 5 days from the initial effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. If you do not have any claims filed with IMG, you may cancel your plan after the review period; however, the following conditions will apply:
- You will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee.
Only full month premiums will be considered for refunds.
For example, if you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund. If you have filed claims, your premium is non-refundable.