Exclusions and Limitations
Charges for certain services, treatments and/or conditions, among others, are excluded from coverage under the Patriot Multi-Trip plans and include but are not limited to:
- A Pre-existing Condition which is any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time prior thereto, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences relating thereto or arising therefrom, whether or not previously manifested or known, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. The Company will not pay for a Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country.
- Immunizations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment,except as provided for in the Certificate of Coverage.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination,treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Any illness or injury sustained while taking part in: Amateur Athletics, Professional Athletics, or other athletic activity that is sponsored or sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (and/or any other collegiate sanctioning or governing body), or the International Olympic Committee. The following Adventure Sports are excluded unless the Adventure Sports Rider is purchased: abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, high diving, hot air ballooning, inline skating (with proper use of helmet and pads), jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, mountain biking, mountaineering or rock climbing (to elevation 4500 meters from ground level), parachuting, paragliding, parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft, rappelling, scuba diving (to 50M), skydiving, snorkeling, snow skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, spelunking,
surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V), wildlife safaris, windsurfing. All such activities must be carried out in strict accordance with the rules, regulations and guidelines of the applicable Governing Body or Authority of each such activity.
Injury sustained while participating in contact sports of any kind, racing of any kind, any rodeo activity, BASE jumping, kiteboarding, mountaineering or climbing or trekking above 4500 meters elevation above ground or without proper ropes or guides, luge, motocross, Moto-X, ski jumping, sub-aquatic activities below 50 meters, whitewater rafting exceeding Class V difficulty, and/or any adventure sports activity not expressly covered hereunder are excluded regardless of which plan or rider is selected.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care,educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing services.
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the insured, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered hereunder.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Treatment for illness or injury where the trip is undertaken for the purpose of obtaining such treatment or advice for a Pre-existing Condition.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive material(s).
* This Web page contains only a brief summary of current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions, and is subject to all the terms and conditions of the full Certificate of Insurance. The complete Certificate of Insurance with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit sent to approved applicants. These plans are amended, modified or replaced from time to time, and IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate of Insurance for this insurance plan in the event this Web page, application, and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Samples of current Certificate wordings are available upon request.