Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in a Patriot Exchange Program plan.
- The member must be actively engaged or participating in an educational or cultural exchange program in the country of assignment through a sponsoring organization or school, or be the spouse or dependent of said student/participant.
- Spouse and dependents can apply for coverage by themselves if they hold a J2 visa, and the J1 visa holder who is participating in the educational or cultural exchange program has purchased a plan through that program.
- Coverage becomes effective when the member and his/her traveling dependents have legally departed the Home Country and legally entered the Host Country and are not citizens of the Host Country.
Renewal of Coverage
If the Short-Term plans are purchased for a minimum of three months, coverage may be renewed (without break in coverage) for a total of up to 48 months. Renewals may be completed by using a paper application.
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to your effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. You may cancel your plan after your effective date if you do not have any claims filed with IMG, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) you will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., if you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If you have filed claims, your premium is nonrefundable.