Schedule of Benefits
All amounts shown are in U.S. dollars. Click the orange headers for further information.
|Trip Cancellation ||The amount of Your trip You elected to protect up to $10,000 Per Insured Person |
- Your emergency illness, injury or death, or that of a family member, a business partner, a travel companion, or a travel companion's family member
- Financial default of a travel supplier
- A terrorist incident
- Organized labor strike
- Natural disaster resulting in the cessation of the travel supplier's services
- Medical quarantine
- Jury duty
- Your home or that of a travel companion made uninhabitable by fire, vandalism or natural disaster
- Your auto accident or that of your travel companion on the way to the scheduled departure point
- You or a travel companion serving on active or reserve duty for the military, police or fire department, whose personal leave is revoked to provide aid or relief in the event of a natural disaster or a terrorist act
- Employer termination or layoff
- A documented theft of your passport or visa
|Trip Interruption ||Up to 100% of the amount of Your trip You elected to protect |
- Applies to the same events as listed above
|Travel Delay ||25% of $300 for each 24 hours of delay after an initial delay of 24 hours up to a maximum of $300 Per Insured Person |
- Travel supplier delay
- Lost or stolen passport, travel documents, or money
- Medical quarantine
- Natural disaster
- Your injury or illness or that of your travel companion
|Missed Connection ||25% of Trip Cancellation benefit. Maximum Benefit is $300 for a Common Carrier delay of 8 hours or more |
- Inclement weather
- Natural disaster
- Travel Supplier Delay
|Lost/Stolen Baggage ||Up to $500 Per Insured Person |
- Damage to or loss of Your Checked baggage
- Theft of your baggage while stored within your hotel room
|Baggage Delay ||Up to $50 for a Common Carrier delay of 24 hours or more |
|Emergency Medical/Dental Expense ||Up to $2,500 Per Insured Person |
|Emergency Medical Evacuation/Repatriation ||Up to $10,000 Per Insured Person |
- Evacuation to the nearest adequate medical facility
- Transfer to a medical facility nearer to your primary residence
|Emergency Reunion ||Up to $2,000 Per Insured Person |
- Return of dependent children
- Transportation for a family member to be at your bedside
- Lodging allowance for visitor while hospitalized
- Return of a rental vehicle
- Return of mortal remains
|Common Carrier Accidental Death & Dismemberment ||Principal Sum - $5,000 |
This program does not cover you for pre-existing conditions. However, your pre-existing conditions might still be covered if the answer to all of the following questions is “no”:
- Were you treated for a new illness in the last 60 days, or did symptoms exist for which a reasonably prudent person would have sought treatment?
- Has your condition worsened or required medical attention in the last 60 days?
- Have you received any new medications in the past 60 days or have any of your current dosages been changed?
This is a summary of the principal provisions of the master policy offered through NSBTHA for its members. It is not considered to be a contract of insurance. Complete details of coverage, terms, limitations, and exclusions that may affect benefits payable are provided in the master policy and summarized in the certificates.
Coverage may vary by state and may not be available in all states. Read your certificate carefully and note all state exceptions that may apply. For more information regarding the exclusions and all other terms and conditions of the Patriot T.R.I.P. Student program, please see the certificate wording for your state which is available upon request.
This Summary of Benefits is not intended to be an offer to sell Patriot T.R.I.P. Student or a solicitation by iTravelInsured in any jurisdiction where such action would be unlawful or in which iTravelInsured is not qualified to do so.
A “covered trip” is any travel and sojourn to a destination more than 120 miles from the starting point of the covered trip and not exceeding 31, 60, 90, or 183 consecutive days depending on the plan option chosen.