Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in this Patriot Group Travel Medical Insurance.
- Patriot Group Travel Medical Insurance is travel insurance for U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States with coverage for brief returns to the U.S., and for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country.
- For those under 65 years of age and visiting the U.S., your initial Period of Coverage must begin within six months of arrival in the U.S. For those 65 years of age and older, it must begin within 30 days of arrival. These requirements will be waived with proof of previous valid international travel insurance. Prior U.S. domestic health care coverage does not meet this eligibility requirement. Please provide the name of your international insurance carrier on the Application Form. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your Application Form.
Renewal of Coverage
If your plan is purchased for a minimum of one month, coverage may be renewed (unless there is a break in coverage) for a total of up to two years. Renewals are available in whole month increments. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each 12 month coverage period. Please note: Renewal rates may differ from initial rates.
- Eligibility to purchase, extend or renew this product, or its terms and conditions, may be modified or amended based upon changes to applicable law, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
The group’s satisfaction is very important to IMG. If the sponsoring organization or group is not pleased with this product for any reason, a written request may be submitted, prior to the effective date, for cancellation and refund of the premium. You may cancel the plan after the effective date, if the group does not have any claims filed with IMG, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) the group will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., if the group chooses to cancel coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If anyone in the group has filed a claim, the premium is non-refundable.