Protect Your Trip Investment with iTravelInsured Travel Insurance Plans
Do I need travel insurance?
- Could you afford to lose your non-refundable, pre-paid travel expenses in the case of your trip being cancelled due to an unforeseen event (ex: death of a family member)?
- Are you traveling to a destination that may be affected by severe weather?
- If you were to get sick or injured on the trip, would you be unable to pay out of pocket for the necessary healthcare?
- If your flight is delayed or cancelled, would you seek reimbursement for the inconvenience and additional charges such as change fees?
- If your luggage is lost or stolen, could you afford to replace the missing baggage or personal effects?
There are many reasons why you should consider travel insurance. While trip cancellation coverage is not mandatory, some countries require proof that a traveler has travel medical coverage before allowing entry. Check out our blog post, "Is Travel Insurance Worth It?" for more information about travel insurance.
How much does travel insurance cost?
Travel insurance costs can range anywhere from 4 to 10 percent of your total trip costs.
Price varies based on how much coverage you’re looking for, and the reasons you’d like to insure your trip. If you’re looking for “Cancel for Any Reason” coverage or to insure a luxury trip, then iTravelInsured Travel LX is the plan for you. iTravelInsured Travel LX offers the option to cancel your trip regardless of the circumstances.** However, if you’re looking for more standard cancellation benefits, such as if an immediate family member falls ill and you need to cancel, then the iTravelInsured Travel SE and iTravelInsured Travel Lite plans may be the right plans for you.