Long-term international students and scholars medical insurance
Click the image above to download the PDF Brochure
Designed for individuals or groups of two or more students or scholars participating in a sponsored study abroad program, and desire an annually renewable comprehensive medical plan. This plan meets student visa requirements, includes benefits for maternity, mental health, organized sports and international emergency care.
- Standard and Platinum level benefits available
- Long-term medical coverage
- Coverage for individuals and groups and their dependents
- Coverage can be extended up to 12 months from the initial effective date if a minimum of three months is purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- Meets student visa requirements
- Maternity coverage
- Mental health coverage
- Organized sports coverage
- International emergency care
- Pre-existing coverage after 6 months with the Platinum option or 12 months with the Standard option
Who the plan is designed for:
- Individual and groups of students participating in international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- Graduate international students
- Scholars and educators
Your educational adventure should be enjoyable and gratifying. Maintaining the ability to be flexible and responsive, IMG developed Student Health Advantage, an international health care plan designed to specifically meet the needs of international students involved in long-term educational programs. The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day.
Additionally, you have access to more than 17,000 providers when seeking treatment outside the U.S. using our International Provider AccessSM (IPA). You can also reduce your out-of-pocket expenses when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the independent Preferred Provider Organization.