Medical coverage for students and their families while studying abroad
Click the image above to download the PDF Brochure
Designed for students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs. Coverage is designed to meet the U.S. J1 and J2 visa travel insurance requirements.
- Two short-term travel medical plan designs
- Coverage for students and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Plan Maximums up to $500,000
- Renewable up to 48 months if minimum of one month is purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharamcy discount savings
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center $5 co-pay per visit
- No coinsurance
- Optional add-on coverage available for high school sports, personal sports and legal assistance
- Pre-existing conditions coverage available to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens - see specific plan design for benefit information
Who the plan is designed for:
- Students participating in international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- International graduate students
- Scholars and educators
Whether your trip takes you abroad for a few weeks or a year, your cultural exchange experience should be enjoyable. You have enough to worry about when you're traveling. Don't let your medical coverage be an uncertainty. IMG has developed two Patriot Exchange Program plans that offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. The Standard Short-Term Travel Plan is designed to meet the U.S. visa travel insurance requirements for a student studying abroad or a participant of cultural exchange, while the Basic Short-Term Travel Plan is more of an economical plan. Both plans provide coverage for dependents and may be purchased in monthly increments.
Additionally, you can choose from a nice range of plan maximums and additional add-on coverages. You may also seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice. When seeking treatment in the U.S., you have access to the independent Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), a separately organized network of hundreds of thousands of established, highly qualified health care physicians and many well-recognized hospitals in the U.S. contracted by IMG. You can quickly search the network through MyIMG.
To help you locate health care providers outside the U.S., IMG provides its online International Provider AccessSM (IPA), a database of over 17,000 providers.