Group medical coverage for students and their families when they travel abroad
Click the image above to download the PDF Brochure
Designed for groups of two or more students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs. Coverage is designed to meet U.S. J1 and J2 visa travel insurance requirements, and short and long-term coverage is available.
- Two short-term and one long-term plan design available
- Coverage for groups of students and/or their spouses and unmarried dependent children traveling with them
- Plan maximums up to $500,000
- Short-term plans renewable up to 48 months if three months is purchased
- Long-term plan is annually renewable
- Freedom to seek treatment with hospital or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
- Student Health Center co-pay $5 per visit
- No coinsurance
- Optional add-on coverage available for high school sports coverage, personal liability and legal assistance
- Optional Chaperone/Faculty Leader Replacement rider available
- Pre-existing conditions coverage available to U.S. and non-U.S. citizens - see specific plan design for benefit information
Who the plan is designed for:
- Students participating in international programs
- Cultural exchange participants
- Graduate international students
- Scholars and educators
- For groups of two or more students or participants
Whether your trip takes you abroad for a few weeks or a year, your cultural exchange experience should be enjoyable. Your group has enough to worry about when they travel. Don't let their medical coverage be an uncertainty. IMG has developed three Patriot Group Exchange Program plans that offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. The Standard Short-Term Travel Plan is designed to meet the U.S. visa travel insurance requirements for a student studying abroad or a participant of cultural exchange, while the Basic Short-Term Travel Plan is more of an economical plan. The Long-Term Annual Plan has the flexibility to be tailored to meet specific needs of each program and can be renewed annually. All plans provide coverage for dependents.
Additionally, you can choose from a nice range of plan maximums and additional add-on coverages. You may also seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice. When seeking treatment in the U.S., you have access to the independent Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), a separately organized network of hundreds of thousands of established, highly qualified health care physicians and many well-recognized hospitals in the U.S. contracted by IMG. You can quickly search the network through MyIMG.
To help you locate health care providers outside the U.S., IMG provides its online International Provider AccessSM (IPA), a database of over 17,000 providers.