Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in Student Health Advantage:
- The individual applicant or group member must be a full-time student or scholar at a college or university.
- The individual applicant or group member must be residing outside his/her home country for the purpose of pursuing international, educational activities including but not limited to college course work, conducting research or teaching for a temporary period of time.
- Must not have obtained residency status in Host Country.
- Dependents have to be legal dependents, traveling with the individual applicant or group member and traveling outside their home country.
- Family members do not constitute a group.
Extension of Coverage
If the plan is purchased for a minimum of three months, coverage may be
extended up to 12 months from the initial effective date. Provided there is
no break in coverage, the plan may be renewed for up to five years.
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to your effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. You may cancel your plan after your effective date if you do not have any claims filed with IMG, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) you will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., if you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If you have filed claims, your premium is nonrefundable.