Exclusions and Limitations
Charges for certain services, treatments and/or conditions, among
others, are excluded from coverage under the Sky Rescue plan and
include but are not limited to:
- A Pre-existing Condition which is any injury, illness, sickness, disease,
or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder
or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at
the time of application or at any time during the three years prior
to the effective date of the insurance, including any subsequent,
chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto
or arising therefrom, whether or not previously manifested or
known, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental
or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. The Company will not pay for a Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country.
- AIDS virus, AIDS related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, and the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Charges for pre-natal care, delivery, post-natal care, and care of newborns, including complications of pregnancy, miscarriage, complication of delivery and/or complications of newborns.
- Any illness or injury sustained while taking part in: Amateur
Athletics, Professional Athletics, or other athletic activity that is
sponsored or sanctioned by the National Collegiate Athletic
Association (and/or any other collegiate sanctioning or governing
body), or the International Olympic Committee. The following
Adventure Sports are also excluded: abseiling, BMX, bobsled ding,
bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing,
high diving, hot air ballooning, inline skating (with proper use of
helmet and pads), jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, mountain
biking, parachuting, paragliding, para scending, piloting a noncommercial
aircraft, rappelling, rock climbing or mountaineering
(ropes and guides to 4500m from ground level), scuba diving (to
50m), skydiving, snowboard ing, snowmobiling, snow skiing,
spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V),
wildlife safaris, and windsurf ing.
Injury sustained while participating in contact sports of any kind,
racing of any kind, any rodeo activity, BASE jumping, kiteboarding,
mountaineering or climbing or trekking above elevation 4500
meters above ground level or without proper ropes or guides;
luge, motocross, Moto-X, ski jumping, sub-aquatic activities below
50 meters, whitewater rafting exceed ing Class V difficulty; and/or
any other adventure sports activity.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Charges, injuries and/or illness resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the insured, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willfully self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered under the certificate.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Charges incurred for any travel, meals, transportation and/or accommodations, except as otherwise expressly provided for in this insurance.
- Any taxes, involuntary or forced contributions, assessments, charges, fees or surcharges imposed by any governmental agency or authority.
* This Web page contains only a brief summary of current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions, and is subject to all the terms and conditions of the full Certificate of Insurance. The complete Certificate of Insurance with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit sent to approved applicants. These plans are amended, modified or replaced from time to time, and IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate of Insurance for this insurance plan in the event this Web page, application, and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Samples of current Certificate wordings are available upon request.