Exclusions and Limitations
Charges for the following services, treatments and/or conditions, among others, are excluded from coverage under the Patriot Exchange Program plans.
- A Pre-existing Condition is defined as any injury, illness, sickness, disease, or other physical, medical, mental or nervous condition, disorder or ailment that, with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of application or at any time during the three years prior to the effective date of the insurance, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed prior to the effective date, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom.
- Treatment or surgeries which are elective, investigational, experimental or for research purposes.
- War, military action, terrorism, political insurrection, protest, or any act thereof. The Company will not pay for a Political Evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the Insured Person’s date of arrival in the Host Country.
- Immunizations and routine physical exams.
- Treatment of Temporomandibular Joint or dental treatment, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- Venereal disease, AIDS virus, AIDS related illness, ARC Syndrome, or AIDS, and the cost of testing for these conditions, and charges for treatment or surgeries which are incurred by any Insured who was HIV+ at time of enrollment into this insurance.
- Pregnancy, childbirth, birth control, artificial insemination, treatment for infertility or impotency, sterilization or reversal thereof, or abortion.
- Any Injury or Illness sustained while taking part in: Amateur Athletics, Professional Athletics and adventure sports and activities, including, without limitation the following (including any combination or derivative of the following) abseiling, mountaineering activities where specialized climbing equipment, ropes or guides are normally or reasonably should have been used, aviation (except when traveling solely as a passenger in a commercial aircraft), kiteboarding, hang gliding and parachuting, bicycle motorcross or BMX, BASE jumping, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, high diving, heli-skiing, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, luge, mountain biking, paragliding, parascending, rappelling, rock climbing, rodeo, racing of any kind including by horse, motor vehicle (of any type) or motorcycle, snow skiing except for recreational downhill and/or cross country snow skiing (no cover provided whilst skiing in violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations; away from prepared and marked in-bound territories; and/or against the advice of the local ski school or local authoritative body), snowboarding, snowmobiling, ski jumping, sky diving, spelunking, surfing, trekking, windsurfing, wildlife safaris, whitewater rafting and subaqua pursuits involving underwater breathing apparatus in depths of more than 10 meters. Practice or training in preparation for any excluded activity will be considered as taking part in such activity.
- Vision or ear tests and the provision of visual or hearing aids.
- Vocational, recreational, speech or music therapy.
- Treatment while confined primarily to receive custodial care, educational or rehabilitative care, or nursing services.
- Charges, injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from or occurring during the commission or continuing perpetration of a violation of law by the insured, including without limitation, the engaging in an illegal occupation or act, but excluding minor traffic violations.
- Treatment for, and injuries and/or illnesses resulting or arising from, substance abuse or drug addiction.
- Injury and/or illness resulting or arising from being under the influence of alcohol or drugs; and injury or illness resulting from operating any type of vehicle after consuming any alcohol or drugs.
- Willful self-inflicted injury or illness.
- Treatment required as a result of or arising from complications from a treatment or condition not covered under the certificate.
- Any services or supplies performed or provided by a relative of the Insured or provided at no cost to Insured.
- Treatment for mental and nervous disorders.
- Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
- Illness or injury where the trip to the host country is undertaken for treatment or advice for such illness or injury, except as expressly provided for in the certificate of insurance.
- Treatment incurred as a result of or arising from exposure to nuclear radiation, and/or radioactive material(s).
- Charges for Treatment of a Chronic Illness incurred beyond sixty (60) days from the date of initial Treatment thereof.
* This Web page contains only a brief summary of current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions, and is subject to all the terms and conditions of the full Certificate of Insurance. The complete Certificate of Insurance with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit sent to approved applicants. These plans are amended, modified or replaced from time to time, and IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate of Insurance for this insurance plan in the event this Web page, application, and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Samples of current Certificate wordings are available upon request.