Medical Travel Management
Nowhere is an affordable and stable premium more important than within the missionary community. IMG’s cutting-edge
services are aimed at providing that needed stability. Claim costs drive premiums. Where your missionaries receive their
medical care can, in large part, significantly impact your organization’s claim costs. Encouraging your members to receive
their medical care overseas whenever feasible can help you take control and manage your claim costs. As a rule, medical
care received in the U.S. will be considerably more costly than the same care received overseas. The more your members
receive medical care overseas, the greater the savings in claim cost to your medical plan. The greater the savings, the more
stable the premium.
We offer Medical Travel Management, an industry unique benefit designed to assist your members who are considering
expensive medical procedures in the U.S. by incentivizing them to consider receiving that care with qualified providers
overseas. The value to your medical plan can be quite substantial when thousands of dollars in cost savings can be realized.
And the benefit for your members? They are paid a percentage of the realized savings when the cost of the procedure
performed in the U.S. is compared to the cost of the same procedure incurred overseas. It’s a win-win situation for everyone!
The entire process is managed and coordinated for the benefit of your members by an experienced Case Manager with
the full resources of IMG, including our in-house physician – IMG’s Chief Medical Officer. Your members are presented with
their options so they can make an informed decision. Participants are assigned a designated case manager to help with the
preparation of their treatment including:
- Assist in locating an accredited and qualified medical provider(s) to provide the necessary medical services
- Coordinate the necessary services with the participant and with the medical provider, including patient care, travel, scheduling, and housing
- Provide assistance with transfer and receipt of medical records before and after the services provided to the participant
- Provide follow up services to monitor medical needs after return of participant to residence
* This Web page contains only a brief summary of current benefits, conditions, limitations and exclusions, and is subject to all the terms and conditions of the full Certificate of Insurance. The complete Certificate of Insurance with all terms, conditions and exclusions will be included in the fulfillment kit sent to approved applicants. These plans are amended, modified or replaced from time to time, and IMG reserves the right to issue the most current Certificate of Insurance for this insurance plan in the event this Web page, application, and/or brochure has expired, is modified, or is replaced with a newer version. Samples of current Certificate wordings are available upon request.