Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the Period of Coverage or the Benefit Period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred.
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or
enrolling in Patriot Travel Medical Insurance.
- Patriot Travel Medical Insurance is travel insurance for U.S.
citizens traveling outside the United States with coverage for brief
returns to the U.S., and for non-U.S.
citizens traveling outside their home country.
- For those under 65 years of age and visiting the U.S., your initial
Period of Coverage must begin within six months of arrival in
the U.S. For those 65 years of age and older, it must begin within
30 days of arrival. These requirements will be waived with
proof of previous valid international travel insurance. Prior U.S.
domestic health care coverage does not meet this eligibility
requirement. Please provide the name of your international
insurance carrier on the Application Form. If you are not in the
U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected
date of arrival on your Application Form.
Renewal of Coverage
If your plan is purchased for a minimum of one month, coverage may be renewed (unless there is a break in coverage) for a total of up to two years. Renewals are available in whole month or daily increments and may be completed online or by using a paper application, however, renewals of less than one month are available only online. For each renewal of less than one month completed online, you will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each 12 month coverage period. Please note: Renewal rates may differ from initial rates.
- Eligibility to purchase, extend or renew this product, or its terms and conditions, may be modified or amended based upon changes to applicable law, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to your effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. You may cancel your plan after your effective date if you do not have any claims filed with IMG, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) you will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., if you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If you have filed claims, your premium is nonrefundable.