Claims Filing Information
How to File a Claim
The fastest and most convenient way to submit a claim is through our online customer portal, MyIMG. If it is your first time using MyIMG, follow these steps to register:
- Go to www.imglobal.com/member and click “Create an Account”
- On the next screen, enter your Certificate, Policy Number, or Insured/Member ID, and click “Continue”
- Once the system verifies this information, follow the remaining steps to complete your registration
Once you’ve created a MyIMG account, follow these steps to submit a claim:
- Log in to the MyIMG portal, click “Claims”
- In the drop-down menu, click “My Claims”
- On the next screen, select the policy or certificate. Click “Submit New Claim” and follow the prompts to complete your submission
By filing your claim online through the MyIMG portal, you’ll get faster service, a confirmation email after your submission, a tracking number, and you will be able to view updates throughout the claims process. For more information on using MyIMG and its benefits, view this guide.
Some plans or claims can’t be completed online and will require a claim form to be downloaded and then filled out. This claim form can be found at the bottom of the MyIMG claims page. These must be submitted to IMG via secure means.
Information for Filing Travel Claims
If your policy starts with “TC” you will need to file a travel claim. For all travel claims you must provide a trip invoice, itinerary, or confirmation showing details of your trip (dates of travel, destination, etc.) and any other information reasonably required to prove the loss.
You must prove a loss within 90 days of one occurring. The online portal will direct you toward filing all the correct, necessary documentation and following the appropriate procedures to have your claim settled as quickly as possible.
Information for Filing Medical Claims
All claims must be filed within 90 days of treatment.
When receiving medical treatment, if you have chosen an in-network provider with a direct billing relationship with IMG, the provider will submit a claim on your behalf. You must show your IMG ID card at the time of treatment. The provider will then send you a statement after they submit your claim. In many cases, IMG works directly with the hospital or clinic for payment of eligible medical expenses.
If you have received treatment from an out-of-network provider and/or need to be reimbursed for out-of-pocket medical expenses, go to MyIMG to complete the claim form and submit your original itemized bills and paid receipts within 90 days. We will reimburse your eligible medical expenses after applying the deductible and coinsurance, subject to the terms of the plan. Please remember to submit your bills and receipts as soon as you receive them. Do not hold them until the end of the year. For annually renewable plans, IMG will apply eligible medical expenses to your deductible and coinsurance throughout the year.
How to ensure your medical claims process runs as smoothly and quickly as possible:
- If possible, when getting medical treatment outside the U.S., pick an in-network provider with direct billing. You can find them by using the Provider Search Tool. When getting medical treatment inside the U.S., you may reduce your out-of-pocket costs by picking an in-network provider.
- Present your IMG ID card to all medical providers at the time of treatment.
- Prior to seeking medical treatment, read all insurance plan documents provided at the time of enrollment to fully understand your coverage.
- Make sure you understand what services and procedures require precertification prior to treatment so your benefits will not be reduced.
- File your claim within 90 days and include all necessary information such as itemized receipts, medical records, and more.
- Complete a claim form once services have been rendered. The claim form explains to our claims department the history behind your claim submission and other pertinent information required to settle the claim.
- Include your banking information when submitting your claim. If you do not submit any banking information, or supply incorrect information, resolving your claim will take longer.
- When submitting prescription drug charges for reimbursement, we require more than a cash register receipt. Please forward information which lists your name, date of service, quantity dispensed, price, prescribing physician, and name of pharmacy.
- Please remember to submit your original itemized bills and receipts as soon as you receive them. Do not hold them until the end of the year. IMG will apply eligible medical expenses to your deductible and coinsurance throughout the year.
- Keep copies of all forms submitted to IMG.
- If you are submitting claims on behalf of a dependent minor child and wish for the reimbursement to be sent to the parent or guardian, that request needs to be added to the claim form so special handling may be arranged.
Issues that could delay settling your medical claim:
- Not providing all the proper documents and information right away. Complete the claim form in its entirety and be descriptive regarding services the doctor performed, past medical history, date the condition and/or symptoms were first experienced, and addresses of prior physicians. Include all medical reports, itemized statements, proof of payment, and other items needed to file a claim.
- Not providing translations for items not in English. Even though we can process claims in other languages, items requiring translation to English can take longer to complete.
- Not providing an email address where you can be contacted. Resolution by email is much faster than regular mail.
- Not providing additional information when requested. If a claim is pending for additional information and a form is attached to the Explanation of Benefits you receive, promptly complete the form and send it back to IMG.
Frequently Asked Questions