Patriot America Plus
Temporary health insurance for non-U.S. residents traveling to the USA
Addresses the insurance needs of non-U.S. residents who need temporary medical insurance while traveling for business or pleasure to the United States.
The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day to individuals, families, and groups of five or more travelers. The plan provides a wide range of plan maximum limits and deductible options, and it is available for a minimum of five days up to a maximum of two years.
Additionally, the plan offers excellent benefits and services to meet your global travel needs. You'll have access to international, multilingual customer service centers, claims administrators who process claims worldwide, in virtually every language and currency, and 24 hour access to highly qualified coordinators of emergency medical services and international treatment.
For visitors looking for additional benefits and higher maximum limits, check out our premier visitor insurance plan, Patriot Platinum America.
- Coverage for non-U.S. residents traveling to the USA
- Coverage for acute onset of pre-existing conditions
- Renewable up to 24 months
- Deductible options from $0 to $2,500
- Maximum limits from $50,000 to $1,000,000
- Vacations / Holidays
- Visitors / Immigrants
- Employers / Business Travelers
Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable, and customary charges only
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician
- Charges must be incurred during the period of coverage or benefit period
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in this plan:
- This is travel medical insurance for non-U.S. residents traveling to the United States
- For those 65 years of age and older and visiting the U.S., your initial period of coverage must begin within 30 days of arrival in the U.S. This requirement will be waived with proof of previous valid international travel insurance. Prior U.S. domestic healthcare coverage does not meet this eligibility requirement. Please provide the name of your insurance carrier on the application form. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your application form
Renewal of Coverage
If your plan is purchased for a minimum of five days, coverage may be renewed (unless there is a break in coverage) for a total of up to two years. Renewals are available in whole month or daily increments and may be completed online or by using a paper application, however, renewals of less than one month are available only online. For each renewal of less than one month completed online, you will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each 12 month coverage period. Please note: Renewal rates may differ from initial rates.
- Eligibility to purchase, extend or renew this product, or its terms and conditions, may be modified or amended based upon changes to applicable law, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to your effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. You may cancel your plan after your effective date if you do not have any claims filed with IMG, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) You will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) Only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., If you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If you have filed claims, your premium is nonrefundable.