Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance
Temporary first-class health insurance for individuals, families, and groups
Provides first-class protection for the discerning international traveler who wants to obtain the maximum coverage available in a short-term travel medical insurance product.
You have enough to worry about when you're traveling. Don't let your medical coverage be an uncertainty. IMG has developed two Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance plans to provide you and your family superior protection and offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Patriot Platinum InternationalSM provides coverage for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. with coverage for brief returns to the U.S., while Patriot Platinum AmericaSM provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country. Both plans are available for a minimum of five days up to a maximum of three years, in accordance with the terms of the Certificate of Insurance.
Additionally, the plans offer enhanced benefits and services to meet your global travel needs. You can choose from an extensive range of deductibles and maximum limits, you have exclusive access to our Global Concierge and Assistance ServicesSM, and you have access to more than 17,000 providers through our International Provider AccessSM (IPA) when seeking treatment outside the U.S. You can also reduce your out-of-pocket costs when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the UnitedHealthcare Options network.
- Travel medical insurance for individuals, families, and groups
- Renewable up to 36 months
- Deductible options from $0 to $25,000
- Maximum limits from $2,000,000 to $8,000,000
- Coverage for the sudden and unexpected recurrence of pre-existing conditions
- Vacations / Holidays
- Visitors / Immigrants
- Employers / Business Travelers
Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable, and customary charges only
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician
- Charges must be incurred during the period of coverage or benefit period
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within ninety (90) days from the date the claim was incurred
The following conditions apply to all persons applying for and/or enrolling in this plan:
- This is travel medical insurance for U.S. citizens traveling outside the United States and for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country
- For those 65 years of age and older and visiting the U.S., your initial period of coverage must begin within 30 days of arrival in the U.S. This requirement will be waived with proof of previous valid international travel insurance. Prior U.S. domestic health care coverage does not meet this eligibility requirement. Please provide the name of your insurance carrier on the application form. If you are not in the U.S. at the time of application, please indicate your expected date of arrival on your application form
Renewal of Coverage
If your plan is purchased for a minimum of five days, coverage may be renewed (unless there is a break in coverage) for a total of up to three years. Renewals are available in whole month or daily increments and may be completed online or by using a paper application, however, renewals of less than one month are available only online. For each renewal of less than one month completed online, you will be charged an additional $5 processing fee. Each insured person must only satisfy one deductible and coinsurance within each 12 month coverage period. Please note: Renewal rates may differ from initial rates.
- Eligibility to purchase, extend or renew this product, or its terms and conditions, may be modified or amended based upon changes to applicable law, including the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA)
Your satisfaction is very important to IMG. If you are not pleased with this product for any reason, you may submit a written request, prior to your effective date, for cancellation and refund of your premium. You may cancel your plan after your effective date if you do not have any claims filed with IMG, however, the following conditions will apply: 1) You will be required to pay a $50 cancellation fee and 2) Only full month premiums will be considered for refunds (e.g., If you choose to cancel your coverage two months and two weeks prior to the date your coverage ends, IMG will only consider the two full months for a refund). If you have filed claims, your premium is nonrefundable.