Helpful Information and Tips
No matter your reason for travel, we know your health and safety are important to you. IMG has compiled these traveler resources to help you travel safely, stay healthy, and give you Global Peace of Mind—wherever you are in the world.
MyIMG Self-Service Capabilities
Before you depart on your next adventure, log in to MyIMG to ensure your profile and contact information are up to date, download your insurance ID card, and review your policy documents. View the MyIMG Guide for more information.
Submitting a Claim
Should something unexpected happen and you need to file a claim, you can quickly and easily do so within MyIMG. View the How to File a Claim Guide for step-by-step instructions.
Emergency Travel Assistance
After purchasing an iTravelInsured travel protection plan, you’ll have 24/7 access to emergency travel assistance services like medical referrals, emergency travel arrangements, lost passport assistance, and more.
There are several things to cross off your to-do list as you’re planning your next international trip:
- Check your passport’s expiration date and/or apply for a new passport.
- Visit your doctor and ask about recommended vaccines for your destination.
- Purchase travel medical insurance and review your plan coverage documents.
- Notify your bank you’ll be away from home, and check currency exchange rates.
- Apply for a visa if required by your destination country.
- If traveling with children, ensure you have proper custody documentation if required.
- Apply for an International Driving Permit and look into supplemental auto insurance if you’ll be renting a vehicle or driving your own.
- Check travel advisories and safety alerts.
- Locate the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate and write down contact details to carry with you.
- Register your trip with Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive travel and security updates about your destination and help the U.S. Embassy contact you in case of emergency.