Choose the plan that meets your needs and spend more time enjoying your international experience not worrying about your insurance coverage.Find Your Plan
What type of coverage
do you need?
Temporary coverage for accidents, sicknesses, & emergency evacuations when visiting or traveling outside of your home country.
International Health Insurance
Annually renewable international private medical insurance coverage for expats and global citizens living or working internationally.
Coverage designed to protect you from financial losses should your trip be delayed, interrupted, or cancelled.
Meet your duty of care obligations with confidence, knowing your travelers are safe, healthy, and connected wherever they may be in the world.Show Services
What type of organization do you represent?
Medical & Travel
Your travelers can access 24/7 global support should they need medical attention, travel assistance, or medical transport services.
Global Workers' Compensation Case Management
Rest assured knowing you have an experienced team who is committed to reducing your costs, moving your files forward, and serving as an international resource for all your work injury claims.
Keep your travelers safe, no matter where they are, with real-time alerts and intelligence on safety, health, political, and other global risks.
You’ll have experts to guide you through all things related to your health care plan needs, from enrollment to claim reimbursement.
Patriot Exchange Program
Medical insurance for students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs
Designed for individuals and groups of students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs. Most plan options are designed to meet the U.S. J1 and J2 visa travel insurance requirements.
Whether your trip takes you abroad for a few weeks or a year, your cultural exchange experience should be enjoyable. You have enough to worry about when you're traveling. Don't let your medical coverage be an uncertainty. IMG has developed Patriot Exchange Program to offer a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day. Most of the plan options are designed to meet the U.S. visa travel insurance requirements for a student studying abroad or a participant of cultural exchange.
The individual and group (two or more primary insureds) plans provide coverage for dependents and may be purchased in monthly increments. You can choose from a range of plan maximums and additional add-on coverages. You may also seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice.
For students, scholars, and cultural exchange participants when inside the U.S., the UnitedHealthcare Options network is a longstanding reputable tier 1 network that gives you more access to more doctors and services. When outside the U.S., you can also enjoy access to quality healthcare worldwide with our proprietary IPA network that includes over 18,550 physicians and facilities. To compare all of IMG's student insurance plans, check out our article, Choosing the Best International Student Insurance Plan for You.
- Medical insurance for students studying abroad or participants of cultural exchange programs
- Deductible options from $0 to $500
- Maximum limit of $5,000,000
- Most plan options are designed to meet the U.S. J1 and J2 visa travel insurance requirements
- Students / Scholars
- Employers / Business Travelers
Conditions of Coverage
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible, limites and coinsurance, and all terms of the Certificate of Insurance and Master Policy
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage
- Coverage and benefits are for eligible medical expenses which are medically necessary and usual, reasonable, and customary
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician
- Charges must be incurred during the period of coverage or benefit period
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within 180 days from the date the claim was incurred
To be eligible to apply to the Patriot Exchange Program plan, you must:
- Be an active participant in a study or exchange program (i.e. student visa, exchange visa, visitor visa), the spouse of the participant, or a dependent traveling with the participant
- Reside outside the country of residence for the purpose of pursuing international educational activities for a temporary period of time.
- Be physically and legally residing in host country with the intent to reside there for at least 30 days on the effective date and at renewal
- Not be hospitalized, disabled, or HIV+ on the initial effective date.
Renewal of Coverage
Eligible insureds can request coverage under the plan be renewed monthly for up to 12 month periods, for a maximum of 48 continuous months, as long as the premium is paid when due and the insured continues to meet the eligibility requirements of the plan.
How Does the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Affect My Coverage?
Non-U.S. citizens: As non-resident aliens, international students, scholars, and people involved in cultural exchange programs on F, J, M and Q visas (and certain family members) are not subject to the individual mandate for their first five years in the U.S. All other J categories (teacher, trainee, work and travel, au pair, high school, etc.) are not subject to the individual mandate for two years (out of the past six). Since international students are not subject to the mandate, they are not required to purchase a plan that meets PPACA requirements and can purchase Student Health Advantage.
U.S. citizens: Under ACA, all U.S. citizens, nationals and resident aliens are required to purchase minimum essential coverage (ACA compliant coverage), unless they are exempt. Exempt U.S. citizens include U.S. citizens who reside outside of the U.S. for 330 of any 365-day period, or have a tax home (main place of work or employment, or if you don’t have a main place of work or employment, your main residence) in a foreign country, and is a bona fide resident of a foreign country.
Looking for a Provider?
Search our database for medical, dental, and other care providers.
"Although one hopes never to use travel insurance, IMG was a godsend throughout our ordeal. We couldn’t have done it without your continued assistance."Joan D. United States