The Global Employer's Option - GEO Group
Comprehensive worldwide employer-sponsored group health insurance
The Global Employer’s Option℠ (GEO) is a worldwide benefits program designed for groups of two or more internationally assigned employees.
In response to our global clients’ evolving needs, we have designed GEO Group, which offers a base plan and an alternative plan, plus additional coverage options. This comprehensive and customizable benefits package is specially designed for multinational employers seeking Global Peace of Mind® as their employees embark on their travels.
- Comprehensive, employer-sponsored group health insurance for internationally assigned employees
- Life, dental and daily indemnity coverage
- Full group takeover and replacement provision
- COBRA and HIPAA like options
- Enhanced benefit option for U.S.-based employers
- Employers / Business Travelers
- Expats / Global Citizens
Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- 10 or fewer GEO Group insured employees: $10,000 minimum required
- 11 or more GEO Group insured employees: Optional - No minimum required
- Guarantee Issue amounts up to $100,000
- Additional underwriting amounts up to $100,001 - $250,000
- Group Life can be issued as a flat amount (e.g. $50,000) or multiples of salary (e.g. 2 x salary)
Group Life coverage automatically offers:
- Term Life Insurance Benefit
- Accidental Death Benefit
- Dismemberment Benefit
ADEA Reduction Schedule (Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967)
- Less than age 65: 100% of principal amount
- Ages 65-69: 35% reduction
- Ages 70-74: 55% reduction
- Ages 75-79: 70% reduction
- Age 80+: 80% reduction
Daily Indemnity Insurance
- Benefit offers $100 for every overnight of eligible in-patient hospitalization
- Cash benefit payable directly to the insured
- $25,000 lifetime maximum benefit
- Group Life Insurance required
GEO Platinum USA Benefits Rider
This rider is available to U.S.-based employers that wish to provide enhanced benefits more in line with U.S.-style health care plans. The rider adds the following benefits:
- Unlimited lifetime maximum
- Coverage for preventive services at 100%
- Extends dependent coverage up to age 26 provided dependent is not eligible under any other health care plan and a full-time student
- Waives pre-existing condition limitations on children under the age of 19
Increasing premiums are a threat to your bottom line. Many of the cost savings solutions available today do not lower costs, but rather shift costs from the employer to the employee. The GEO Group Alternative Plan, a unique option offered exclusively by IMG, lowers plan costs instead of shifting them. It provides members with financial incentives to receive excellent medical care overseas, when appropriate. The Alternative Plan provides the same high-quality benefits as the traditional plan, with the following exceptions:
- Higher deductible for care received in the U.S., and a lower deductible for care received outside the U.S.
Modified Coinsurance schedule for treatment received within the U.S:
- If utilizing Medical Concierge Provider, company pays 85% of Eligible Medical Expenses until reaching $5,000, then 100%.
- If in the PPO Network, company pays 80% of Eligible Medical Expenses until reaching $10,000, then 100%.
- If outside the PPO Network, company pays 60% of Eligible Medical Expenses until reaching $10,000, then 100%.
For treatment received outside the U.S.: 100% coverage with no out-of-pocket after deductible is satisfied.
|Schedule of Benefits||Option 1||Option 2||Option 3|
|Class I, Diagnostic, Preventive (Emergency Palliative Treatment - not subject to deductible)||100%||100%||100%|
|Class II, Basic Service (X-Rays, oral surgery, extractions, endodontics, periodontics, anesthesia)||80%||80%||80%|
|Class III, Major Services (Prosthodontics (bridges, partial dentures), Major restorative services (crowns, inlays))||50%||50%||50%|
|Class IV Orthodontia (available to age 19 years)||0%||50%||50%|
|Option 1||Option 2||Option 3|
|Calendar Year Maximum per Person||$1,000||$1,000||$1,500|